Wednesday 24 November 2010

Beyond France

I know you see this kind of thing everywhere these days, but I think Maud Lomberg’s selection of vintage linens is the most beautiful and inspiring there is. Maud is based in Gloucestershire but she has a second home in Hungary, where she sources most of her amazing collection of hand-embroidered, home-spun vintage linens and grain sacks – ranging in size from tiny swatches for patch-working, and napkins, to sheets and whole rolls for upholstery. She runs a traditional indigo-dying workshop in her Hungarian village, where she re-colours some of her pieces. I could literally spend hours on her site, and would happily cover every surface in my home in her fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, me too. I love this website. Parna have some great stuff too on their website.

    ReplyDelete