Friday 6 November 2009

Breeks

It's been on my mind for some time now that I have need for a pair of plus-fours. I live in a flat in Shepherds Bush (with not even a garden) so I don't, in reality, have either the need nor the right to equip myself with shooting attire, but I often find myself hankering after country clothes in the city. A lovely tweed hunting jacket with red felt under the collar, long shooting socks, a deerstalker: proper clothes with both style and purpose. I have just taken possession of this fabulous pair of tweed breeks - high-waisted, silk-lined - and I'm smitten. I'm sporting them with a knitted cardi, the thickest woolly tights and (looking a bit like a mad person, probably) these shoes.

1 comment:

  1. BTW, your vintage rifles are now ready for collection.

    ReplyDelete